Terminations 2022 was ran on the 13th Nov 2022 and this OnDemand recording provides the full 2 hours of stream along with resource materials.
Employees leave their employment for a range of reasons some they choose and at other times the business does (after following process). For payroll a termination is an essential payroll activity to get right as it can cause immediate an ongoing issues if not processed and managed correctly.
The terminations workshop will cover all of the common termination situations from a payroll perspective (what payroll needs to know from the business, how the final pay needs to be processed and what records and documents will need to be completed and retained).
Two NZPPA Payroll Legislative & Best Practice Guides will also be covered as part of this workshop (see below).
- Types of termination (reasons for) what payroll needs to determine.
- Leave paid out on termination (Holidays Act):
- Calculating and paying out annual holiday entitlement on termination
- How is 8% on termination calculated and what is included
- Alternative holidays paid out on termination (how calculated)
- Extending entitlement from termination date for PH’s
- Notice period and payment in lieu
- Assessing how other agreed payments would be treated on termination (how calculated and what should be paid and how taxed)
- When must a final pay be paid?
- How a final pay is taxed
- What records are required on termination
- Run through of the NZPPA termination checklist
NZPPA Payroll legislation & best practice guides:
- Requirements for payroll to pay a deceased employees final pay
- Wages Protection Act (When a final pay must be paid, what deductions can be made (including overpayments)
- NZPPA member: $145 + GST
- NZPPA non-member: $175 + GST
Non-member Price: NZ$115.00 + GST
If you are an NZPPA Member, logon to get member pricing