How to apply or nominate for this year’s awards
Who can enter?
- Any person involved in NZ payroll based in NZ is eligible to enter, whether they are a member of the NZPPA or not.
How to enter?
Payroll Leader, Practitioner and Payroll Team Awards:
- To apply for Payroll Leader, Practitioner, or Payroll Team of the Year awards applicants must provide the following:
- Clearly state what award you are applying for (payroll leader, practitioner, or team).
- State in detail (at least) three examples of how exceptional work in payroll has been achieved, and how it has impacted payroll, the business, or employees.
- The immediate manager of the payroll leader, practitioner, or team must endorse the award application.
- Include a photo of the individual leader, practitioner, or team (to be used on the NZPPA website and in ePayroll).
- Send your application via email to: [email protected]
Judging process and confidentiality
Who are the judges?
Each award is judged by three judges who are NZPPA-certified payroll professionals (from any of the five certification levels). Judges cannot be involved in a panel if they have made an application for the specific award.
*NZPPA employees are excluded from the judging panels and the decision-making process.
What are the judges looking for?
The judges are seeking to recognise the exceptional contribution of a payroll leader, individual, team or payroll provider that has demonstrated great execution of good business ideas and practices, while having developed and remained focused on their future direction.
- For the awards process to be effective, there must be unquestionable fairness and objectivity for all concerned.
- All award applications are treated as confidential by the organising team and judges.
- The awards management process is comprised of employees of the NZPPA, who are impartial and are not involved in the selection of award winners.
- Judges will be asked to declare any conflicts of interest and if necessary alternative judging arrangements will be made.
- Each judge has volunteered their time without compensation and is committed to assisting with the success of the awards.
- Judging decisions remain confidential to judges and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the outcome of the awards.
- A NZPPA judging panel will assess all applications made.