NZPPA works within a framework of three entities:
- New Zealand Institute of Payroll Incorporated (NZIPI)
- New Zealand Payroll Practitioners Association Limited (NZPPA)
New Zealand Institute of Payroll Incorporated (NZIPI)
The aim of NZIPI is to promote payroll as a profession in New Zealand. Its management committee are from the payroll industry.
NZIPI aims are to:
- Educate employers on what payroll practitioners actually do,
- Promote payroll as a career,
- Develop professional standards for payroll practitioners and payroll,
- Build relationships with payroll related groups and government.
NZPPA funds the NZIPI incorporated society through a percentage from all memberships (new and annual subs) and training revenue. NZPPA has a permeant seat on NZIPI management committee but cannot be the chair.
How to contact the NZIPI: We are presently creating a special link and page on the NZPPA website to NZIPI (www.nzpayroll.org.nz).
New Zealand Payroll Practitioners Association Limited (NZPPA)
NZPPA is the commercial arm of NZPPA and as such provides payroll technical training, professional payroll support through the PayTech AdviceLine, annual payroll practitioner certification, runs the NZPPA annual conference and a range of other national events and lobbies on behalf of payroll on any payroll related legislation.
NZPPA direction is set by its members through a management committee. The NZPPA CEO sets how that direction is implemented.