OnDemand Holidays Act Webinars 3-Pack
In this OnDemand Holidays Act webinar 3 pack series attendees will be able to access webinars (over 6 hours) covering the full range of topics for the Holidays Act 2003.
Attendees will also get access to a PDF copy of the manual for each webinar providing a wealth of information for anyone running payroll needing to understand the current Holidays Act from a basic to advance level.
Holidays Act 101 webinar content:
- Determining gross earnings
- What payments are included/excluded from gross earnings holiday pay calculations.
- Determining a week for annual holidays
- What is counted as continuous employment?
- Issues with unpaid leave and what needs to be done for payroll
- Calculating annual holidays AWE/OWP and 8% (pay as you go).
- Applying annual leave calculations when employee take holidays at different times
- Rules around close-down periods
- Cashing up annual holidays
- Calculating Relevant Daily Pay & Average Daily Pay for sick, bereavement, alternative, family violence, public holidays.
- Determining an otherwise working day
- Rules for: Public, Sick, Bereavement, Alternative and family violence Leave
- Record Keeping and enforcement
Holidays Act 102 webinar content:
- Defining payments to be included in different periods of gross earnings including the day, week and 52 weeks.
- Criteria for what is and what is not a discretionary payment
- Changing the working week (by agreement) and the impact on annual holiday entitlement
- Converting hours, days, and weeks when the entitlement week changes by agreement
- Calculating leave in hours, days and weeks to still ensure compliance
- Understanding the divisor for different leave calculations
- Determining an otherwise working day when the employee works a variable work pattern (rotating roster)
- Creating spot checks for Holidays Act compliance
- Transferring public holiday’s part or whole & PHs that transfer to another day (extended examples).
- What employment agreement clauses are needed to support Holidays Act compliance and payroll best practice
- Total remuneration and how treated when calculating leave
Holidays Act 103 webinar content:
- Identifying your payroll issues with the Holidays Act:
- Payment types (how payments have been assigned or not to gross earnings and the different calculations required under the act).
- Issues with how calculations were run in the payroll system and different between what was done and what was required under the act.
- Issues with defining a week (for different work patterns).
- Identifying what employee types have been effected by Holidays Act issues.
- Are the issues from configuration or base system issues.
- Making the decision to do remediation in house or using an external party.
- When to talk to your payroll system provider or outsourced payroll service provider.
- Accessing and formatting data for assessment.
- Creating an assessment model for different employee types.
- When to inform employees and other parties.
- Managing employee, Union and MBIE action.
- What obligations do you have to notify past employees?
- Managing payment of underpayments and how taxed.
3 pack OnDemand webinar cost:
- NZPPA member: $315 + GST
- NZPPA non-member: $415 + GST
If you want to book additional attendees, we can provide 25% off any additional attendees please email: [email protected]
Non-member Price: NZ$415.00 + GST
If you are an NZPPA Member, logon to get member pricing