NZPPA Certificate in Payroll Practice
Welcome to the NZPPA Certificate in Payroll Practice. This qualification has been designed for people with diverse backgrounds and experience who are seeking a qualification in the payroll field; it includes the fundamental aims and outcomes every payroll practitioner must achieve, along with accounting, information technology* and human resource fundamentals involved with paying employees correctly and on time.
DurationProgramme is conducted over 4 months but is flexible so it can do it sooner or extended if more time is needed (asking for an extension).
This programme provides participants with the skills to achieve competency in the planning, setup, processing and basic management of payroll.
The course content is designed to be assessed through practical application, by undertaking self-directed learning with support. It is a requirement that participants are employed in, or have access to payroll activities and a payroll application that allows for the use of practical elements of the course.
- If you are not currently working in payroll you will not be able to undertake this course as you would not be able to meet the evidence requirements of the assessments.
- No payroll information is forwarded to NZPPA as part of this course. Participants will need to have a verifier in the workplace that signs off that the work shown to them is the participants and that it meets organisation requirements.
The programme consists of four modules (over four months, one module a month):
Module 1: Introduction to Payroll.
Module 2: Payroll legislation fundamentals.
Module 3: Human resources fundamentals.
Module 4: Accounting principles and using a computerised payroll.
A range of NZPPA payroll assessments are conducted online during the modules and skill checks throughout the course.
- All learning and assessment material (available through the eLearning environment).
- The course facilitator provides on-going support between training sessions and assessment of all workplace assessments.
- Once successfully completed the participant will receive The NZPPA Certificate in Payroll Practice and accreditation as a Professional NZPPA practitioner (PNZPPA).
Non-member Price: NZ$2,000.00 + GST
If you are an NZPPA Member, logon to get member pricing
Out of stock