NZPPA SPECIAL WEBINAR: CONVERTING HOLIDAYS ACT ENTITLEMENT AND ACCRUAL TO OTHER TIME MEASUREMENTS
The Holidays Act is a nightmare for payroll with the act focusing on weeks for annual holidays and days for FBAPS leave but payroll systems on the whole are still in hours and/or days. Another factor that impacts on this are employment agreements that often state leave provided in hours, days or weeks in direct conflict to what the payroll system used in the business actually can do and in relation to what the act requires.
Along with this one of the fundamental concepts of the Holidays Act is “what genuinely constitutes a working week for the employee” and when the week changes it means any entitlement will need to change to reflect the new week. For payroll this is not a standard activity for the payroll system to do (in most systems) and it means the payroll practitioner would need to undertake the conversion of entitlement and accrual to the new week for the employee.
This special webinar will cover the background on how a week is defined in regard to annual holidays and a day for FBAPS leave, along with changing a week and a day and converting from one time measurement to another.
Attendees will receive comprehensive notes and be able to view the webinar on demand after the session.
- What leave entitlements are provided under the act.
- Defining a week and a day for an employee.
- What options can be used when an employee works variable hours to define their week and day.
- Steps to follow if an employee’s week or day is changed by agreement.
- Converting existing entitlement to the new week or day.
- Converting existing entitlement from one time measurement to another (hours/days/weeks).
Webinar date and time:
- 20th May 2022, 9am to 11.15am
- NZPPA member: $145 + GST
- NZPPA non-member: $165 + GST
If you want to book additional attendees, we can provide 25% off any additional attendees.
Non-member Price: NZ$165.00 + GST
If you are an NZPPA Member, logon to get member pricing