NZPPA CERTIFICATE IN PAYROLL FOR NON-PAYROLL PRACTITIONERS
Managers, Human Resource and Finance practitioners and anyone involved in working with or managing and leading payroll activities within their organisation that want to get a better understanding of what payroll actually involves.
Payroll covers one of the largest costs any business has being the cost of labour. If Payroll is not managed, configured and monitored correctly it can become a major risk to the business in regard to legislative requirements, cost and time.
For this reason, managers and other positions within the business that interact with payroll need to have a greater understanding on what payroll actually does, how they can aid payroll in being successful and effective.
DurationAs an online course once the course start date is booked the course will be available for period of six weeks only. Additional extensions can be requested based on work or other events if needed.
- Understanding what is involved in processing payroll (end to end process and related steps).
- Involving payroll in decisions that impact on payroll and why this is important.
- What needs to be included in employment agreements to assist payroll.
- Checks, monitoring and security to make payroll secure.
- Use of technology to make payroll efficient.
- Using basic payroll measures to assess payroll performance.
- What is an effective structure for payroll in your business?
- Training, support and developing payroll practitioners.
- An overview of the main legislative requirements and how they are conducted in a payroll system, including:
- Holidays Act 2003
- Parental Leave & Employment Protection Act
- Allowances (Non-taxable and reimbursing)
- Superannuation & KiwiSaver
- Payroll record keeping requirements
- What are the advantages and disadvantages to have an in-house and outsourced payroll?
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Know how payroll functions effectively in a business.
- Identify the risk areas in payroll and how they can be avoided.
- Know what payroll needs to be effectively run within the business.
- Explain the essential legislative requirements in relation to payroll and why they are done that way.
- This eLearning course has been designed to be done part time over 2 to 4 weeks but can be done over a shorter period of time based on the needs of the participant. Access to the course can be at any time.
- This course is an assessed course. Participants will undertake a range of activities throughout the course along with an end of course assessment.
- As part of this online course you will be sent a course guide with reference material and additional examples. The guide is to be used as you progress through the online module of this certificate course.
On completion of the course attendees will receive the NZPPA Certificate in Payroll for Non-Payroll Practitioners with 16 hours of learning.
Non-member Price: NZ$625.00 + GST
If you are an NZPPA Member, logon to get member pricing