HOLIDAY ACT 101
The Holidays Act 2003 will be with us until at least 2023. It is an act that must be understood as the risk to the business of getting it wrong is substantial.
This 3-hour webinar will cover the full act with numerous examples and a full reference guide provided for attendees.
Holidays Act 101 webinar content:
- Determining gross earnings
- What payments are included/excluded from gross earnings holiday pay calculations.
- Determining a week for annual holidays
- What is counted as continuous employment?
- Issues with unpaid leave and what needs to be done for payroll
- Calculating annual holidays AWE/OWP and 8% (pay as you go).
- Applying annual leave calculations when employee take holidays at different times
- Rules around close-down periods
- Cashing up annual holidays
- Calculating Relevant Daily Pay & Average Daily Pay for sick, bereavement, alternative, family violence, public holidays.
- Determining an otherwise working day
- Rules for: Public, Sick, Bereavement, Alternative and family violence Leave
- Record Keeping and enforcement
3-hour webinar with PDF course guide
OnDemand Webinar cost:
- NZPPA member: $125 + GST
- NZPPA non-member: $145 + GST
Non-member Price: NZ$145.00 + GST
If you are an NZPPA Member, logon to get member pricing