PUBLIC HOLIDAYS FOR PAYROLL 101
This special webinar is about all the “need to knows” of public holidays (PH) provided under the Holidays Act. A special feature of this webinar is that each topic area will have PH scenarios to fully explain how it is applied and its impact on payroll.
Webinar will cover:
- The differences between the 12 public holidays provided under the Holidays Act
- What is an otherwise working day for an employee?
- When will an employee get an alternative holiday in relation to a PH?
- What is the employee paid for working on a PH?
- How is RDP and ADP (when applicable) applied and calculated for an employee
- What is an employee paid when they don’t work a PH?
- Transferring PHs part and full day by agreement
- Rules for Waitangi and Anzac Day (Mondayising)
- Rules for the Christmas and New Year holidays
- What must be included in an employment agreement regarding public holidays
- Being on call on a PH (being called out and not being call out)
- Employees coming to work more than once during a PH
- What other payments would be paid to an employee on a PH
- Impact of PH’s while on different types of leave
- PH while an employee is on ACC
- PH while employee is on parental leave
- PH while employee is on unpaid leave
- Impact of a closedown on PH’s for an employee
- Impact of restricted shop trading days on PH’s
- When must the payment for a PH be paid?
- 12 August 2022, 9am to 11.15am
- NZPPA member: $145 + GST
- NZPPA non-member: $165 + GST
If you want to book additional attendees, we can provide 25% off any additional attendees.
Non-member Price: NZ$165.00 + GST
If you are an NZPPA Member, logon to get member pricing