Payroll Calculations (+) (Level 4)
This course is being revamped and will be available from June 2019
Payroll Managers, Team Leaders, payroll practitioners and anyone involved in the configuration of a payroll system.
How complex payroll becomes within a business depends of the range of terms and conditions provided to employees by their employer. This practical course will cover a range of the more complex payroll calculations used in payroll and explore when and how they are applied. Participants will be provided with a comprehensive manual that includes fully worked examples. Participants will also undertake a range of exercises to practice these calculations.
|Holidays Act 2003:
· Calculating in hours vs. days/weeks
· Changing the working week (by agreement) and the impact on AL entitlement
· Determining an otherwise working day
· Transferring public holidays: Christmas/New Year, Waitangi Day and Anzac Day.
· Setting accrual rates for AL day/week/month (by agreement)
· Extended examples on the impact of parental leave on AL
Lump sum (Extra pays):
· Restrictive, exit inducement, and
· Taxing extra pay at a secondary tax rate)
· Working out on the grossed-up amount of the ESCT
· Taxing contributions at the employee’s personal tax rate
|Student loan deductions:
· Calculating Special deduction rate (SDR)
Injury Prevention, Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2001:
· Calculating abatement of compensation
Other topics covered:
· How to report and pay different types of payments and deductions to IRD
· Understanding the hierarchy of deductions (which come out first)
· Overview of what is salary sacrifice
· The rules for tax for non-resident employees
· Overview of calculating FBT in relation to payroll
· Special types of employees (how they are taxed)
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify risk areas in the calculation of an employees pay.
- Explain the advanced legislative requirements in relation to payroll.
Non-member Price: NZ$1,095.00 + GST
If you are an NZPPA Member, logon to get member pricing