NZPPA CERTIFICATE IN PAYROLL CALCULATIONS (Level 4)
Intermediate level payroll practitioners (or advanced practitioners wanting a refresher) wanting to have knowledge of how to complete payment calculations to meet the requirements to ensure compliance to legislation.
New Zealand employment legislation is complex and wide ranging in what payroll practitioners must calculate to comply with the law. This practical course will allow participants to practise the essential calculations to cover a range of employee payment situations.
Fully worked examples covering a range of different situations will be provided that can then be used back in the workplace. The course will be run in a workshop format and each topic area will include a range of clips, references, online activities and practical calculation activities. Attendees are encouraged throughout the course to ask questions of their online tutor.
Duration and Conditions of use:
As an online course once the course start date is booked the course will be available for a period of six weeks only. Additional extensions can be requested based on work or other events if needed.
|Holidays Act 2003
Parental Leave and Employment Protection Act 1987
Minimum Wage Act 1983
Income Tax Act 2007
Accident Compensation Act 2001
Child Support Act 1991
Calculating Student loan deductions:
KiwiSaver 2006 Act
How to tax IRD payments and make deductions: –
Personal Grievance Payments
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Explain the essential legislative requirements in relation to payroll.
- Identify risk areas in the calculation of an employees pay.
- Conduct basic checks of payroll data to ensure it complies with legislation.
This eLearning course has been designed to be done part time from 4 to 6 weeks but can be done over a shorter period of time based on the needs of the participant. Access to the course can be at any time.
- Attendees should have previously attended the “Payroll Foundations Skills” or “Payroll Law” course. If the employee does have extensive payroll experience, they will also be accepted. If you have any questions please email: [email protected]
- On completion of the course attendees will receive the NZPPA Certificate in Payroll Calculations (Level 4).
- This course in part will help in completing the online assessment requirements for NZPPA Certification to be a recognised payroll professional.
As part of this online course you will be sent a course guide with reference material and additional examples. The guide is to be used as you progress through the online module of this certificate course.
Non-member Price: NZ$625.00 + GST
If you are an NZPPA Member, logon to get member pricing