NZPPA CERTIFICATE IN PAYROLL CALCULATIONS (Level 3)
Intermediate level payroll practitioners (or advanced practitioners wanting a refresher) wanting to have knowledge of how to complete payment calculations to meet the requirements to ensure compliance to legislation.
New Zealand employment legislation is complex and wide ranging in what payroll practitioners must calculate to comply with the law. This practical course will allow participants to practise the essential calculations to cover a range of employee payment situations.
Fully worked examples covering a range of different situations will be provided that can then be used back in the workplace. The course will be run in a workshop format and each topic area will include a range of practical calculation activities (please ensure you bring a calculator). Attendees are encouraged throughout the course to ask questions.
Module 1: Calculating leave provided under the Holidays Act 2003 and parental leave
Holidays Act 2003
- Determining gross earnings
- What payments are included/excluded from gross earnings holiday pay calculations.
- Calculating annual holidays using AWE/OWP and 8%.
- Calculating Relevant Daily Pay & Average Daily Pay for sick, bereavement, alternative, family violence leave and public holidays.
- Cashing up the 4th week annual holidays
Parental Leave and Employment Protection Act 1987
- Taking and paying annual leave before and after parental leave is taken.
- Calculating payment for “Keeping in touch days”.
As part of this online course you will be sent a course guide with reference material and additional examples. The guide is to be used as you progress through the online module of this certificate course.
Non-member Price: NZ$1,150.00 + GST
If you are an NZPPA Member, logon to get member pricing