Fundamentals of HR Practice
HR Managers, Advisers, Coordinators and Payroll Practitioners new to the New Zealand HR environment or wanting to update their skills or use the course as a refresher.
This workshop will cover a range of the fundamental areas of human resource management used in New Zealand that any HR practitioner working with NZ based employees will need to have an understanding and knowledge of. Participants will be involved in applying what is learnt to case studies, and practical exercises to aid the transfer of learning back to their own workplaces. Numerous practical examples based on real business situations will be provided throughout along with templates in an easy to use workbook that can be used as a resource after the course.
After course support will also be provided to course participants.
- Legislation Essentials – covering a range of employment related acts (and upcoming changes)
- Recruitment and Selection process (NZ – Do and Don’ts)
- Employment agreement fundamentals (interpretation, compulsory clauses, writing in plain language)
- Handling poor performance
- Disciplinary procedures (focusing on procedure, process and minimising risk to the employer)
- Managing personal grievances and ERA hearings
A certificate of completion will also be issued.
- To be proactive in the employment relationship to ensure HR practices meet NZ business needs and show a return on investment.
- To be able to act as an NZ employer representative in a range of situations.
- Develop a tool box of NZ HR resources that can be used back in their workplace.
Presenter: David Jenkins [BBS, BEd, BAppSci, GradDipALT, ANZPPA]
David Jenkins is the CEO of NZPPA but for over 25+ years he has also acted as an employer’s representative and a HR Manager and consultant for some of the largest companies in New Zealand. David had designed, implemented and managed HR functions, processes and procedures. His practical approach and ability to explain complex terms in plain language ensures learners get the maximum return on their investment.
Non-member Price: NZ$1,495.00 + GST
If you are an NZPPA Member, logon to get member pricing