AUSTRALIAN PAYROLL PROCESSING
Please note: This is on a strictly first come for serve basis for bookings and we expect a full house book your seat now.
Date and Venue: 29th – 30th August 2019, Auckland CBD TBA (fully catered)
This comprehensive two-day course will cover all of the taxation, industrial relations, superannuation and other areas that those involved with processing payroll in Australia need to know. By the end of the course you will understand and be able to confidently deal with Australian payroll obligations from initial start-up through to all the periodic and annual procedures that may be required. No prior Australian payroll knowledge is needed but it is assumed that those attending do have an understanding of payroll processing generally
Specific topics covered over the two days include:
- Responsibilities of Payroll within an Australian organisation
- Privacy of staff information and legal obligations
- Hiring the first employee – registration requirements Federal and State
- Documentation and Paperwork – Tax, Super and insurance to be completed
- Australian Industrial relations – leave entitlements, calculating minimum wages required.
- Reading and applying an Award – the backbone to most Australian staff payments and conditions
- An introduction to Pay As You Go Withholding Tax (PAYG) including Single Touch Payroll
- Calculating PAYG from pays
- Termination Procedures including what must be paid and when
- Periodic and Year end processes
- Fringe Benefits Tax overview
- Reportable fringe benefits
- Reportable employer superannuation contributions
- Taxation Rulings
- PAYG variations – when you can deduct less tax
- Deducting additional PAYG and documentation required
- Child Support deductions from wages
- Garnishee orders – court imposed deductions
- Latest Australian Payroll Update – a summary of what has been happening and what is in store for the rest of 2019-2020
Your presenter will be Glynn Flaherty Director of Payroll Matters Pty Ltd. Glynn is a chartered accountant, chartered tax adviser and registered tax agent with over 28 years’ experience in advising on Australian payroll and related taxation areas. There will be ample opportunity during the sessions to ask Glynn any questions you may have.
NZPPA course certificate will be provided, along with course materials to take away.
Non-member Price: NZ$1,475.00 + GST
If you are an NZPPA Member, logon to get member pricing