NZPPA 1st April 2019 Payroll Update
NZPPA provides need to know payroll information on changes in plain language in how these changes need to be applied to payroll. Participants are encouraged to ask questions and are provided with comprehensive course notes, complete with in-depth examples and references.
1st April 2019 Payroll Update
Update is for: Anyone running or managing payroll wanting to know the latest changes happening on the 1st April 2019 in relation to New Zealand tax and employment law.
Please note: Content for this update is subject to change but will be updated as changes are known. This update will not suit a person new to payroll!
Purpose: The key date of changes to legislation (tax and employment law) that impact on payroll in New Zealand is the 1 April each year. This year there are a number of major changes in some key areas that change accepted practice in payroll along with the annual updates and the new policy coming from the coalition government.
2019 Payroll Update Content (subject to change):
- ACC threshold change
- Minimum Wage Increase 2019/2020
- Changes to Student Loan Deduction Rates and Thresholds
- Amendments to the KiwiSaver Act 2006
- Changes to employee share schemes
- IRD changes in supporting fully electronic on boarding of new staff
- A range of changes to Employment Relations Act 2000
- Full end to end run though of Payday Reporting
- Update on the Holidays Act 2003, issues, payroll systems and audits
- What’s on the horizon for NZ payroll
Session runs for a full day from 9am to 4pm, fully catered and each participant will receive a certificate of attendance that can be used as evidence of CPD hours for NZPPA certification.
To book this course running in New Zealand click here
To book this course running in Australia click here