Best practice payroll is aimed at implementing a range of practices that improve and make payroll more efficient to meet payroll outcomes and business needs.
Best Practice Payroll 2022 will be delivered through a series of webinars (5 x 2 hours modules over 5 months). A wide range of topics will be covered in relation to end to end payroll processing and associated activities. Over 60+ payroll best practices will be put forward so payroll practitioners can identify which would fit their payroll environment. Each session will provide comprehensive background notes, templates and additional references.
Payroll best practices will be shown in how it can be integrated to an existing payroll system or process along with an implementation plan for achieving the greatest efficiency improvement through the selective use of the payroll best practices that are provided in this course.
Best Practice Payroll 2022 will be presented through five modules topics either as an online webinar series, modules cover the following:
|Module No.||Module title:|
|1||What is best practice Payroll and why is it important for payroll success, developing a best practice implementation plan.
|2||What types of benefits and payments employees can receive and deductions from an employees pay.
|3||Creating best practice payroll policies, procedures, forms and reports.
|4||Payroll systems & payroll outsourcing
|5||Managing payroll and payroll controls & Measuring payroll performance
Module 1: What is best practice Payroll and why is it important for payroll success, developing a best practice implementation plan
- What is best practice payroll?
- Reviewing the existing payroll environment
- Common reasons why best practices fail in payroll
- Getting support for best practices in payroll and creating the implementation plan
Module 2: What types of benefits and payments employees can receive and deductions from an employees pay
- Reviewing employee benefits and payments paid through payroll
- Developing best practice for employee benefits and deductions in payroll
- Using automation, time tracking, self-service options for improved efficiency in payroll
Module 3: Creating best practice payroll policies, procedures, forms and reports
- Linking existing payroll policies and procedures to best practice
- Developing new policy and procedures linking with best practice
- Using flowcharts to document payroll policy and procedures incorporating best practice
- Reviewing reports to identify what is essential and what is not needed ongoing
- Reviewing payroll forms to identify what is essential and what is not needed in payroll
Module 4: Payroll systems & payroll outsourcing
- Review what manual payroll activities are being undertaken and why not done in the existing payroll system
- Identify what part of existing payroll software is not being used in the payroll function and what benefits can be achieved
- Review reasons to keep current payroll system or to move to another system
- Identify if outsourcing payroll or outsourcing any part of payroll provides benefits to the business
- How are physical payroll records managed and what options are available to streamline document management
Module 5: Managing payroll and payroll controls & Measuring payroll performance
- Identify and review payroll controls
- Review payroll staff
- Review how process improvement is currently undertaken or implement process improvement in payroll
- Create payroll measures to determine best practice results
- Module 1, 5 May (1pm start)
- Module 2, 9 Jun (1pm start)
- Module 3, 7 Jul (1pm start)
- Module 4, 4 Aug (1pm start)
- Module 5, 8 Sep (1pm start)
*Attendees can attend line webinar or access recording after module.
**Dates may change all attendees will be notified of any change of date.
*If you want to book more than 1, we can offer additional discounts, please email: [email protected]
If you are an NZPPA Member, logon to get member pricing