Reporting to the HR Services Manager you will be responsible for managing a diverse team of 9 Payroll Consultants, ensuring accurate and auditable processing and the administration of the payroll functions, enabling consistent and efficient delivery of services throughout the University.
Success will be measured through proven experience in managing a large multi-facet payroll along with advanced knowledge of changes to NZ Employment Legislation. You will be able to demonstrate staff leadership capability, excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work autonomously within a team in an often challenging and demanding environment.
Your proactive approach and ability to problem solve, adhere to strict deadlines, combined with highly developed communication skills will enable you to work at all levels across the University.
- Extensive knowledge and experience managing a team in a leadership role
- 5-10 years’ experience managing a complex payroll for a large sized organisation (collective agreements, variable pay, variety of employee types)
- Experience using a PeopleSoft payroll software is highly desirable
- Can work independently and utilise initiative
- Discretion in dealing with confidential matters
- Customer focused
- Friendly kind and approachable
This is a great opportunity to work in a flexible environment where your work will make a difference. The University is committed to meeting its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi and achieving equity outcomes for staff and students.
Or contact Melissa Free for a confidential chat 09 9234749
Role Closes 15th May 2019
|Job Category||Payroll Manager|
|Role close||15th May 2019|