- Premier performing arts organisation
- Sole payroll position
- Part of a small and collaborative finance team; based on Willis St
Founded in 1946, the New Zealand Symphony Orchestra is the country’s national professional orchestra and one of the few touring orchestras in the world, performing in many cities and towns around New Zealand each year.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Services, the Payroll Coordinator is responsible for delivering high quality and customer centric payroll services across the organisation.
Key accountabilities include processing payroll on a fortnightly basis for nearly 30 staff, 90 musicians and casual staff; management of the payroll system (DataPay); answering general queries; leave management; as well as regular and ad hoc reporting as required.
To be successful in this key role you will be proactive, energetic, confident, enjoy using your initiative, and a strong team player with well-developed communication skills and an eye for detail.
- Proven payroll processing experience coupled with well-developed knowledge of relevant legislation, best practice and payroll technology
- Outstanding attention to detail
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Exceptionally customer focused with a high level of initiative
- A problem solver with the ability to make timely and quality decisions
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Calm and methodical
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
Applications close: 5.00pm Wednesday 28 November 2018 (although please note that applications will be actioned as they are received)
Applications to: Kirsty McLaren at mclaren.co.nz
Position description: Available to view at mclaren.co.nz
|Job Category||Payroll Coordinator|